turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you all send my code to my phone number cause it is not coming to my email its not in my spam mail

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Can you all send my code to my phone number cause it is not coming to my email its not in my spam mail

If after a reasonable amount of time, you still have not received your 6 digit verification code by email and you have checked your spam folder, please see below alternate methods:

1. To get your verification code sent as a text, you have to select that option in your account settings. You will need to gain access to the account and then:
    1.) Click My Account
    2.) Account Settings
    3.) Under the Security tab, select Two Step Verification and enter your mobile information and password. 
    To get access to make your changes, you can have the code sent to your email address or select the Confirm your account in another way option.
  2. If none of the above works, then please select "I forgot my password" and then select "I don't know my username." The system will then ask for your name, address and SSN, and it will attempt to verify your identity by asking questions from your credit report that only you are likely to know.

Additional information regarding entering the 6 digit verification code to prevent getting the expired or incorrect code message:

1. Make sure to leave the window open that asks you for the code. It appears as though if you close this window and go back after you receive the code, the code will no longer be valid. If you need your browser to get your e-mail, open a new separate window, don't close the TurboTax window. To open a new tab you can press Ctrl+T on your keyboard. That way the window with the box to enter the code stays open but you can also access your email inbox in the new one and switch back in forth
  2. Make sure you are using the most recent code and not using a prior one. So if you make another attempt to enter the code make sure you use the most recent one sent to you. Every time that you ask for a code it cancels out all the previous ones that were sent and only takes the most recent. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jmbllmnn

I have been trying for 2 hours to get the final code to finish and file my taxes.  With both Turbo Tax  and my email account open.  either I don't receive a number, or I receive 3 emails at same time or I open the email, write number down, click back to Turbo Tax and type # in is LESS THEN 1 MINUTE  and it tells me # not valid.  My taxes are done, I have PAID YOU and you won't allow me to file them because of this stupid code #.  I never have had this problem any other year.  I am really angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please send code to my phone number[phone number removed]

Can you resend my 6 digit numbers to my email now

My Email address is correct but has a line under the Email address says not yourE mail how do I correct this or get the code send to .my phone number 

Clarencebruce
Returning Member

Can you pls s ees and me my 6 digit verification code to my phone 

Clarencebruce
Returning Member

Pls believe tried for a few days now and nothing 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Unfortunately, the IRS would be the only agency that can assist you with this. 

See the following link as there is a website you can also use to obtain your IP PIN.

Obtaining your 6-digit IP PIN

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies