Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dallass19

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can I file my taxs and get a tax refund check for babysitting and getting payed in cash. I received about 4800-5000 in cash babysitting for the whole year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can I file my taxs and get a tax refund check for babysitting and getting payed in cash. I received about 4800-5000 in cash babysitting for the whole year.

If you got paid in cash, my guess is that the people you babysat for didn't deduct any taxes.   If you're running this like a small business, you should have paid estimated taxes, and should file your business using schedule C.   If you didn't pay any taxes, you won't get any back 🙂

WKins2
Expert Alumni

It depends on your entire tax situation. If you had other income and other tax data (i.e. mortgage interest, other income, other taxes paid in, dependents), then you might qualify for a refund with the cash you received from babysitting.

The best way to find out is it prepare a return with all of your income, expenses, and other tax data entered in on the return and see if you would owe or would get a refund. Click here to find the best version of TurboTax that you should use based on your tax situation: https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies