turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I combine all of the W2-G forms that are from the same place in one form and put the total of all forms ?

I have more than 40 w2-G forms from the same place. Do I have to enter them individually or can I combine all of them in one form and then add the total of all forms ?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

Can I combine all of the W2-G forms that are from the same place in one form and put the total of all forms ?

If your forms W-2G are all from the same payer, you can add them up (box by box) and enter them as one W-2G.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

If your forms W-2G are all from the same payer, you can add them up (box by box) and enter them as one W-2G.

andizi

Do I leave the date blank? Most have different dates.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Just pick your favorite date among the forms. The IRS computer will compare the totals they received to your return. 

@andizi 

andizi

Thank you.  I just noticed something else about the forms.  They have different Transaction numbers, Race numbers (whatever that is), and cashier numbers. Does that matter?

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

No, you can still combine same-payor totals all on one entry, but keep the forms with the details with your tax records in case of inquiry.   @andizi 

All Gambling Winnings must be reported, whether or not you receive a tax form or not.   

Gambling Losses are deductible up to the amount of your winnings - if you itemize.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies