turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1541 delay with no mention to "take action

I keep reading everywhere that people have a "1541 take action" issue. Mine does not say that. Mine just states that there is a "delay in processing" my tax return and goes into saying that if I have any questions to just call them and "mention reference number 1541". Does anyone know what it could mean without the take action part?

I would call the IRS but its the weekend, so while I play the waiting game, I am seeing what I can find from other people.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

1541 delay with no mention to "take action

see the following reply about the 1541 notice:

1541 is an an internal code that the IRS uses to identify returns that have been "Delayed". This doesn't mean there is something wrong with your return, it could simply be that the IRS has an overflow of returns at this time and is behind schedule on issuing refunds. There are different reasons accounting for the 1541 reference number.

To be absolutely sure on the status of your refund, I would recommend to contact the IRS directly mention the reference the code 1541 to them. You can reach them at +1(800) 829-1040. Check Where's My Refund at irs.gov as well tor tracking the refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies