Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Qualified Business Income Deduction

The link you provided says Feb. 12 for the QBI form, rather than Feb. 5. Does that mean TurboTax will have the form installed by the 12th and I can hit "File"? I can maybe put up with waiting for another week, but if it goes beyond that I'm going back to paper forms and to heck with this. Please advise, and thanks for your help.

So now Intuit has slipped the date to 02/20/20.

Come on already, this is your business and you can't get this completed?

I am still getting this message even after the update from today (2-20-20).   When will this be updated so I can complete my taxes?

QBI Error.PNG

I am still getting the same error message as well. Is there something extra we need to do?

Yes. getting the same message after the update.  AND I noticed the update had a date of 02/19/2020 as it was updating so confusing at best.  

THEN AFTER THE UPDATE - you can click a link for more details on the update - WHICH TAKES YOU TO A PAGE THAT NO LONGER EXIST- then there is a link to click for the new page - WHICH IS A SUPPORT PAGE WITH NOT DIRECT INFORMATION ON THE UPDATE - pretty pathetic - just take me directly to the page that has information on what was updated please!

I'm getting the identical message.  Why doesn't Intuit TT put out some specific information so we know what to expect?  As far as I know, the tax law didn't change from 2018 to 2019 so why the delay?  Did the IRS revise the required format?  It sure would be helpful if TT would answer some of these questions.  It may not speed anything up but it would at least provide some peace of mind for some.

Does Intuit really want me to use another company's tax preparation product next year???  I have been using TT for years. 

From what I read, the QBI Deduction date has slipped from 2-5-20 to 2-12-20 to 2-20-20.  I still show no QBI deduction for this year even after installing the 2-20-20 update. 

The QBI Deduction worked last year.  Why, pray tell, did it work last year and why does it not work this year?   Will someone from Intuit deign to answer with some reliable and accurate information?  I guess we'll see.

I read that Turbo Tax was still wait on this from the IRS as of 2/12/20

Turbotax has indicated to me that these should be more information on the K-1 issue by 2/28/20. :(

Was told to check for an update or call back in.

I asked them to post a message about the issue so all will know.

I spoke with someone there this AM, who insisted it was available and updated...Once they saw my screen and kicked it up to a higher level they came back with. 02/27 availability...I'm starting to lack faith in their dates

I've been using TT for years now.  This may be my last time.  If I have to print out the forms and manually send everything in, this will for sure be my last year.  I still don't understand why TT isn't communicating to us.

Dido exactly what you said.  I'm fed up with TT and their lack of communication.  I have been a loyal customer for years.  And yes, the QBI worked fine for me last year as well.

I’ve never had a problem with TurboTax for decades now but this is unacceptable. We are waiting to complete our business taxes, allocate budgets for 2020 and we cannot because of this issue. Can someone from Intuit monitoring this give a legitimate response to this string and all these customers or refund purchases, etc. and make this right!

Thank you!

now we are looking at 2/28 they say... tt client for more than 8 yrs, most likely the last one, very unprofesional

I have to agree that all these push back dates are frustrating.  And like many others I'm not very happy about it and have entertained not using TT anymore.  However, I like to check things out before making decisions like that so I checked the H & R Block (and others) forums, etc.  Seems like they are having the same issues with changing their release dates for when the QBI form and other related forms will be ready.   

So maybe it's the IRS.   

H & R showing QBI update (and most other forms still needed) will be 03/05/20 for Windows and 03/12/20 for Mac. 

Can't find a TT page that shows when forms will (should) be ready.   Be nice if TT had a form page like this for reference instead of trying to find stuff on forums.   It's bad enough now that this year the links that are given after and update takes place takes you to a page that has moved, then the link on that page takes you to the support page.  HOW ABOUT TAKING US TO A PAGE THAT SHOWS WHAT WAS JUST UPDATED LIKE THE LINK SAYS IT WILL?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies