Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

QBI form 8995 vs. 8995-A

I have a small amount of QBI from agriculture and also have some patronage dividends that are not agriculture related.  According to IRS if...

"You aren’t a patron in a specified agricultural or horticultural cooperative" I should be able to use form 8995 which is already released.  However, TTax must be seeing I have a patronage dividends and automatically routing me to form 8995-A.  Any ideas how I could get around this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnW222
Expert Alumni

QBI form 8995 vs. 8995-A

There doesn't appear to be any way around this, for exactly the reason you put forward.

According to the 2019 Instructions for Form 8995:

"Individuals … that have QBI use Form 8995 to figure the QBI deduction if…. [y]ou aren’t a patron in a specified agricultural or horticultural cooperative.

Otherwise, use Form 8995-A, Qualified Business Income Deduction, to figure your QBI deduction."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JohnW222
Expert Alumni

QBI form 8995 vs. 8995-A

There doesn't appear to be any way around this, for exactly the reason you put forward.

According to the 2019 Instructions for Form 8995:

"Individuals … that have QBI use Form 8995 to figure the QBI deduction if…. [y]ou aren’t a patron in a specified agricultural or horticultural cooperative.

Otherwise, use Form 8995-A, Qualified Business Income Deduction, to figure your QBI deduction."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

QBI form 8995 vs. 8995-A

I found I had entered an amount for "Net income allocable to qualified payments from agricultural cooperative... "  Once I cleared that out I'm back to form 8995 as hoped.  Instructions are unclear on this.

QBI form 8995 vs. 8995-A

Want to be clear... my 1099-PATR is NOT for qualified agricultural coop but TurboTax didn't give me the ability to declare that and assumed it was.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies