Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Problems with 2023 Turbotax download

I purchased a 2023 Turbotax Deluxe download. I started a new return and transferred my 2022 return to it. When going back to edit the return, I had to enter all our personal information again. When viewing the entries, there is also not a column showing our 2022 figures. (Just to check, I started a new 2022 return and transferred our 2021 return and all our information was there including the 2021 column.) It appears that it did not transfer from 2022 to 2023. Is anybody else having this issue?

On a side note, there is a category "Total of all your payments and withholding". There is a "What does this include? There is  a note "Add up any payments you made to your state or locality, along with any state or locality withholdings from the previous tax year, including: etc". It is confusing to me. Are they asking for 2022 or 2023 county, school, village, water and sewer taxes paid this year? Are they talking about 2022 or 2023 withholding? I don't remember this category and I have been doing my taxes for years with Turbotax.

(This may be more of a Support question.)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Problems with 2023 Turbotax download

Correction to my original post: (I thought I could edit a post.) (I found the edit button after I replied.)

I just created a new 2023 Turbotax Deluxe return. This time the personal information did transfer from 2022, the 2022 column was there, and I did was not asked the same question about "Total of all your payments and transfers". This might have been that the program did not know if we were itemizing or using the standard deduction. As far as I am concerned the 2nd part of my post is not an issue, although I still would like to know the particulars of the question.

I am still interested if anyone else had a transfer problem.

Sorry for the confusion.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies