Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gnujosh

Problem with Schedule K-1 "royalties"

I have a schedule K-1 from an stock investment (Alliance Bernstein), and I have filled out the requisite schedule K fields, but I'm unable to submit.  There are no royalties on the schedule K-1, but TurboTax insists that I link a schedule E worksheet:

image.png

I have no rental properties and haven't had this problem in the past several years despite having the same stock investment.  Any way to force a transmission without the unncessary form, or am I missing a place with a zero that should be a blank?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

It would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2023" file with this error message.

If you would be willing to send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information, please follow these instructions: 

In TurboTax Online, open your return, go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools

1. Then select Tools below Tax Tools. 
  2. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.  
  3. On this screen, select Share my file with Agent
  4. You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is.  Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number
  5. Reply to this thread with your Token number and tag (@) the Expert requesting the token from you. 
  6. Please include any States that are part of your return.

We will then be able to see the same experience you are having. If we are able to determine the cause, we'll reply here with more information. 

If you are using TurboTax for Desktop, go to Online in the top menu, then choose "Send Tax File to Agent." On a Mac computer, choose File >> Share or Help >> Send to Agent.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gnujosh

@PatriciaV , I have gone through the TurboTax Premier menu and have a token number: 1226574.  My state is NC, if that is important.  Thank you for any help you can provide!

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

The Schedule K-1 reported royalty deductions in Box 13 Code I. Since the amounts were zero, you may remove those codes (and the zeroes) from your K-1 input. This resolves the form error for royalty income on Line 7.

@gnujosh 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I had this same issue, and tried to fix it by putting in NONE as a property address. Now how do I remove the Schedule E from the return? I unlinked it, but the error check still insists I complete the property city, etc. on schedule E.

Never mind! I found it under the Forms menu - problem solved. Now moving on....

Thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies