Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

drsturges

Problem down loading TD Ameritrade 1099 information

Like some other people,  this problem broken on the TurboTax end.  I can log onto TD Ameritrade and see the PDF version of my 1099, but I cannot download it into TurboTax.  I am using the TD Ameritrade Account Number and eleven character Document ID, but TurboTax says there is no information.

I have used this facility in past years, and it has always worked.  There are too many entries to do four accounts manually.   Please fix this.  Thanks.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please see What if I can't import my 1099? for instructions. Additionally, please keep in mind that if you are entering a Document ID it is case sensitive. So, if the Document ID is listed in all caps, you will want to enter it in all caps. 

@drsturges 

drsturges

The problem started when the CD disk did not download for me like all the other years.  So I downloaded online.  That worked.  But the downloading of 1099s from TD Ameritrade did not.  The download from Charles Schwab did as usual.  I followed your instructions including starting my return all over but to no avail.  So I put it all in manually and hope I got it right.  I noticed that other ;people had this problem last year and they, too, had to manulally put their 1099s in.  It seems to me that if this was a MB situation, that it would have been corrected for this year.  Thus, i am not happy about this problem.   The rest of TurboTax Premier was better than last year's.

Thanks!  I was having this same problem just now and entering the ID in all caps got it working.  🙂

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies