Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SMB0314
Returning Member

Prior Year (2017 & 2018) 1099G Received but No Refund Received

I need some help please.  I finally caught up with the back taxes I needed to file for 2017 & 2018.  According to the forms I was getting a refund for both federal and state but I have yet to receive the money from either.  I did receive the 1099G forms for state refunds from Maryland.  Do I need to claim them on my 2020 federal taxes even though I didn't get the money and don't know when I will?  I have a fairly simple tax structure and I file single and use the 1040A.  Also what is the form number that I will get for the stimulus payments I received in 2020 and will I get 1 form for that or 2 forms?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Prior Year (2017 & 2018) 1099G Received but No Refund Received

Yes, - You need to include the 1099-G forms from Maryland for your state refund; however the refunds may not be taxable. The IRS will also receive copies of the 1099-Gs and will be looking for them in your return.  It's odd that MD would issue a 1099-G without issuing the payments.  I suggest you contact them about the payment.  Please see these TurboTax articles for additional information:  

There is no specific form for claiming/reporting stimulus payments.  Please follow these steps:

1. Enter the information in your return.
  2. Click Federal Review at the top of your screen. 
  3. On the screen, Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  4. You will be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments you received
  5. TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to.  This will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.

Note that for your 2019 return and forward, there is no longer a 1040A form, just the 1040.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies