Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Possible TY2023 turbotax Colorado program error

During the  turbotax 2023 "Review" a dialog box popped up indicating an error in the Colorado State return:

Information Worksheet: Prior Year Colorado Tax Liability needs an entry. Enter the amount from your 2022 Colorado tax return, Form 104, Line 15 (net tax), minus any amount on Line 21, 22, 23  (credits).

The dialog box then has a box to enter the amount.

It seemed like this information should have been automatically populated by Turbotax so I investigated what information was being requested and found the following:

Colorado 2022 DR 0104 Line 15 as printed by turbotax 2022 is "Total Nonrefundable Enterprise Zone credits used..." not "net tax" as displayed in the review dialog box.

Colorado 2022 DR 0104 Line 21 as printed by turbotax 2022 is "Prior-year Estimated Tax Carryforward' not "credits" as displayed in the review dialog box.

Colorado 2022 DR 0104 Line 22 as printed by turbotax 2022 is "Estimated Tax Payments... not "credits" as displayed in the review dialog box.

Colorado 2022 DR 0104 Line 23 as printed by turbotax 2022 is "Extension Payment remitted..." not "credits" as displayed in the review dialog box.

The turbotax 2022 DR 0104 has the same 11/18/22 date as the DR 0104 available on the colorado.gov website.  The turbotax 2022 line items 15, 21, 22, 23 also appear to match those on the colorado.gov DR 0104.  I am not a tax expert or tax professional but it appears the intended CR 0104 line item references are different than those discussed in the turbotax 2023 review dialog box.

I could not find a way to report this issue outside of this community- I hope this makes it to the right people at Intuit/turbotax.  Best wishes to all and thanks to anyone who can help on this.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies