Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

it51

Poshmark 1099-k questions

Hi, this is the first time I received a 1099-k and all of it is from the sale of my old clothes, shoes, etc.  I got to the section in TT where I enter in the revenue, original cost, and Sales expenses not report. I understand I have to enter each transaction separately but I need help making sure my numbers are correct and have questions.

Question 1: the 1099-k says $3000 but $350 was cancelled sales. I checked the box and put $350 overstated, is that correct?

Question 2: In the "Investment Income" sales section of TT, I have proceeds totaling $2,120 ($2,650 the correct amount minus 20% that Poshmark takes) = is the "proceeds from sales" of $2,120 correct from my example.

Question 3: "Adjustment" - is this the difference between the original amount paid (Cost Basis minus the Proceeds from sales)

Questions 4: the last screen asks: "I paid sales expenses that aren't included in the sale proceeds reported on the form" = would this be where I put the 20% Poshmark takes? (I don't have any other sales expenses to report because I recycle boxes and bubble wrap, so do I put zero here?)

Question 5: If the answer is no to Question 4, is there a place where you put the 20% Poshmark takes? I ask this because the 1099k states $3000 which is already overstated by cancelled sales and I didn't make $3000, my sales were $2120.

Thank you 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Poshmark 1099-k questions

So to start with you'll need to enter the entire $3000 for your 1099-K into the section for that in the self-employed section.  Skip the section marked investment income - you don't have any of that,  Then, in the section that says "I paid sales expenses that aren't included in the sales proceeds on the forms" you'll enter two expenses - refunds of $350 and sales fees of $530.  That gets you to that $2120 total you are working towards.

You can also take expenses for the items that you are selling if you have any receipts for them.  

@it51 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies