Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mary Ross
Returning Member

Payroll deductions from employer

• Need to know if a employer for 2019 has applied my w4 deductions from my payroll to IRS
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I'm sorry, but no one in this forum would have access to that information.

You'd need to contact your HR department (or employer) directly (or maybe look at your pay stub) to see if the proper taxes are being withheld.

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
Anonymous
Not applicable

the IRS does give a hoot about your W-4.  The IRS does not get a copy. it is completed by you to give to your employer to calculate withholding.   exemptions claimed can differ from what is done when the tax return is prepared.      you  sign the W-4 under penalties of perjury.    its ok to claim fewer that what your entitled to.

if you claim too few, you'll probably get a refund.   claim to many and you might owe and there might be a penalty for underpayment of tax.         

claim exempt when your not or way more exemptions than what you really entitled to is when a problem could occur.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies