Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Part-Year Resident SD 100 Ohio Tax form issue

I lived in GA until 09/09/23 when I moved to Ohio. When trying to file my taxes, it keeps routing me to this SD 100 form. It's asking for an end residency date but I currently live here. I tried the date I moved here and that did not work. I have no idea how to fix this... 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

Since you were living in Ohio at the end of the year, use, 12/31/2023 as your ending date.  The fields only care about last year.

Even if you were just a part-year resident, you've got to account for all the days of the year.

To do this in TurboTax Online:

1. Go back into your Ohio return
  2. On the Your 2023 Ohio taxes are ready for us to check screen, select Edit to the right of Other situations
  3. On the A few things before we wrap up your state taxes screen, select Revisit to the right of Ohio school district taxes

You should see this screen:

Pay careful attention to this text:  In order to file a school district return, you must include all districts you lived in, even if they were non-taxing districts or out of state. Use school district code 9999 for out of state residency.

So,

1. Select + Add Another School District
  2. On the Add New School District Number screen, enter 9999, then select Continue
  3. On the Residency for School District 9999 screen, don't select the box next to Did not live in this school district.  Simply select Continue
  4. On the Residency dates for School District 9999, enter (this is based on your information) 01/31/2023 and 09/09/2023Then, select Continue
  5. Then, you can enter the dates you were actually in Ohio -- presumably 09/10/2023 through 12/31/2023
  6. On the Your school district taxes screen, select Done

That did the trick! Thank you so much for your speedy reply! 🙏🏻 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies