Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

HRD2
Level 2

Paid for Taxes but Federal not filing

I paid $110 for my state and federal taxes.  My state went through but because of a glitch in the system, my federal would not.  When I finally got a call back, they walked me through for over 45 minutes to finally agree that there is a known glitch and "nothing they can so" and to "try again Monday" but "there's no ETA".  I asked to speak to a supervisor, and they said that "they need approval for me to speak to a supervisor" and it would "take a long time".  After 59 minutes on the phone, the representative hung up.

So my questions are:

1.  If there is a known glitch that disables people from filing their federal taxes, why are you taking their money?

2.  How are you going to remedy this? And no, waiting until Monday is not an option. 

3.  How do I keep people from using this service other than posting on a community forum how awful this product is? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HRD2
Level 2

So 16 hours later and still crickets?  I'm now on the phone with customer service.... waiting for "approval" to talk to a supervisor.  Has Turbotax always been this awful or is this a new thing?  

HRD2
Level 2

Alright so the guy four hours ago said a supervisor would call.  Never called.  Now I'm on an automated message that says to use the community forum while the wait time in an hour. I know there are Turbotax employees monitoring the forum.  Why has nobody reached out?  I have tried emailing, calling, all multiple times.

HRD2
Level 2

Hour and 10 minutes later.... Still on hold.  Whoever reads this - Don't pay for this garbage service!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies