Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sry88
Returning Member

PA Taxes – "Any special Pennsylvania W-2 situations?"

I've moved to Pennsylvania in the summer to take a new job. I also have a W-2 from my previous job in IL state, and I'm filing in two other states with a 1099-NEC and 1099-MISC. In my PA state return, I'm prompted to answer, "Any special Pennsylvania W-2 situations?"

The answer "You earned income in another state" is pre-selected. This is true; I did earn income in three other states (1 W-2 for my former residence, 1 1099-MISC in a second state, 1 1099-MISC in a third state), but none of these are through PA W-2s. If I leave this clicked, it prompts me to "Prepare W-2 Additional Information Statement." 

What should this statement contain? Also, why is it asking me to mail in my W-2s (both PA and IL? Just PA?) when I e-file if e-filing submits the W-2? 

Or, altogether, should I check the "None of the above" box since none of the outside work impacts PA taxes? 

I've been passed around from TurboTax chat assistant to chat assistant with no resolution; everyone keeps saying, "Wow, great question," but not offering an actionable response. Any help is greatly appreciated! 
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies