Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

PA Local Taxable Wages and 401K

Hello, we have quite a few employees working in Pennsylvania Remote/In office. We are aware of a few Localities that include 401K contributions in local taxable wages, however one employee is questioning her specific local of West Chester Boro. I cannot find any information that states that locality should include 401K in taxable wages. I contacted Keystone who collects the local taxes for that specific local but they said they could not provide tax advice, which that is not tax advice that is a valid Tax Question for the Tax collector. I've also contacted ADP who files on our behalf and they did not have any information. Does anyone have a list of PA Locals that tax 401K contributions and those that don't? Or can someone let me know if West Chester Boro should include 401K in taxable wages?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
BillM223
Expert Alumni

PA Local Taxable Wages and 401K

I cannot answer your immediate question on which localities do or don't include 401(k) contributions in taxable income.

But while researching this, I have come to wonder the following:

Since 401(k) contributions are not excluded from state income in Pennsylvania, I would assume that all localities include the 401(k) contributions in taxable income. 

What locality does not include 40(k) contributions in taxable income, and where do they say this?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies