turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

newjo39
Returning Member

"OTHER WAGE ADJUSTMENTS- W-2". Which codes do I include from my W-2?

My W-2 information was entered under the Federal Taxes. Now Under state (NJ) taxes , they are asking for other wage adjustments.  

1. Why enter in both Federal and State? Doesn't the info just transfer?

2.  Thus far, I have included the following into OTHER WAGE ADJUSTMENTS -  

Code  E- elective deferral to section 403B 

Which others do I need to input?   

Sec. 125

414h

UI/HC/WD

Code C

Code DD

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

Please  clarify your question so we can provide a more helpful answer.  Did you reside in more than one state for 2023 or live in one state and work in another? If so, what states? Are you filing a part-year return or a nonresident return for 2023? 

Please feel free to come back to TurboTax Community with additional information or questions or click here for help in contacting Turbo Tax Support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
newjo39
Returning Member

I lived in NJ Jan, Feb, March of 2023.  I worked for those 3 months in NJ, then retired from the public school system.  I moved April 1, 2023 to Colorado, and started working in the public school system in Colorado from Aug. 2023 -present

I am filing a part-year return.

Also, am I supposed to deduct the $20,000 from my pension income on federal?  It does it in state, but then says go back to federal to make this adjustment, but I can't figure out where I would do this.

Thank you so much for your help.

newjo39
Returning Member

I lived in NJ Jan, Feb, March of 2023.  I worked for those 3 months in NJ, then retired from the public school system.  I moved April 1, 2023 to Colorado, and started working in the public school system in Colorado from Aug. 2023 -present

I am filing a part-year return.

Also, am I supposed to deduct the $20,000 from my pension income on federal?  It does it in state, but then says go back to federal to make this adjustment, but I can't figure out where I would do this.

Thank you so much for your help.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

It's asking for other wage adjustments because it wants to know what income is taxable to New Jersey and what income is not.  That W2 from the New Jersey school is 100% taxable to New Jersey and you indicated that when you entered it as New Jersey state income at the bottom of the W2.  And that Colorado income isn't taxable to New Jersey because you earned it after you left.  So you have to make sure - as you go through the step by step process - to tell the New Jersey system what income you earned while in New Jersey and what income was earned elsewhere.  

Your pensions are all taxable on your federal return but may be exempt in Colorado.  Make sure to pay attention to all of the questions that the system asks after you enter the pensions on the federal return so that it can be excluded from the state income if it qualifies.

@newjo39 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies