Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Oregon state schedule OR-A itemized deduction not carrying over to OR40 form

Does Oregon allow itemizing deduction even if one claims standard deduction on the federal form 1040?

Turbotax software does not correctly copy over the schedule OR-A itemized deductions line 23 over to line 16 on Form OR40. It is entering a '0' instead of the correct value. Due to this the OR40 incorrectly considers standard deduction for calculating OR state tax liability. The software throws an error if line 16 on OE40 is manually overridden. How do I fix this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Oregon state schedule OR-A itemized deduction not carrying over to OR40 form

Did you report various itemized deductions in the Federal side of the software even though you qualified for the standard deduction?

In the Federal side of the software, I was able to report state and local taxes, mortgage interest and charitable contributions.  The expenses flowed to the Oregon state tax return automatically.

In TurboTax Online, I was able to claim a standard deduction on the IRS form 1040 income tax return but report IRS Schedule A expenses.

Various expenses transferred from Oregon Schedule OR-A to Oregon OR-40 income tax return line 16.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies