Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Oregon Source Income adjustments

Hi all!

When I went to finish our 2022 Oregon TurboTax, it put up this page "Oregon Source Income adjustments" It says: "Report the part of the following income that came from Oregon sources."

It listed Federal and Oregon with boxes for each.  Each has our dollar amounts we previously entered, under the federal column and wants my input under the Oregon column.

Wages

IRA Distribution

Pensions and Annuities

Unemployment, Social Security, etc.

We were residents of Washington state when we pulled from our IRA distributions, but my wife earned the money in Oregon.  Is Oregon the source of the income for the Oregon columns?  It bumps up the Oregon taxes a ton!  She no longer works there and we don't live there.  Do we still pay taxes there?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Oregon Source Income adjustments

The program is asking you what income belongs to Oregon. If you lived there in part of 2022, then you need to enter in the Oregon column the income that you earned while you lived there. 

If you never lived there in 2022, you need to enter just the income that is from Oregon sources, like the wages your wife earned in Oregon. 

Your IRA distributions are taxable only in the state where lived when you took them. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies