Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LMWF
Returning Member

Oregon Kicker - change in filing status

In 2022 I filed as Married filing joint.  My spouse passed away in fall 2022 so this year my filing status is single.  TurboTax is asking what amount of the 2022 AGI is mine.  On the Oregon revenue website it says if you separated or divorced and your status changed you only get your part.  It doesn't reference my circumstance.  Can I claim the full AGI for the kicker or do I have to file something else to get my spouse's portion.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Oregon 1040 instructions state:
Deceased taxpayer. The surviving spouse of a deceased taxpayer may claim the full amount of the kicker if a joint return was filed for 2022. A deceased taxpayer’s personal representative may file a 2023 return on the taxpayer’s behalf to claim their kicker.

Condolences on your loss; hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Oregon 1040 instructions state:
Deceased taxpayer. The surviving spouse of a deceased taxpayer may claim the full amount of the kicker if a joint return was filed for 2022. A deceased taxpayer’s personal representative may file a 2023 return on the taxpayer’s behalf to claim their kicker.

Condolences on your loss; hope this helps.

LMWF
Returning Member

Thanks so much.  I didn't think to read the actual 1040 instructions!!  I guess we think Google knows everything.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies