Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On my prior year returns, I qualified for a State and Local Income Tax Refund recovery exclusion. This year, TurboTax did not complete the SALT Refund Worksheet, why?

This year, instead of filling out the State and Local Income Tax Refund Worksheet, TurboTax instead used Schedule 1-Additional Income and Adjustments to Income. This means that my prior year State Tax refund was counted as income this year, when in the past, I qualified for a recovery exclusion. Has something changed with the tax law to eliminate the recovery exclusion on state tax refunds?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

On my prior year returns, I qualified for a State and Local Income Tax Refund recovery exclusion. This year, TurboTax did not complete the SALT Refund Worksheet, why?

To add more info to this question...I was able to get access to view the State and Local Income Tax Refund Worksheet so I could compare it to last year, and I think there may be an error...I posted about that here: Bug with State and Local Income Tax Refund Workshe... (intuit.com)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies