Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

OK so i can file my business taxes separate from my personal?...should i file my W-2 taxes here and let a CPA do the rest?

My previous question was: I started a business late last year, do i still file regular taxes for the rest of the year because I've got W-2"s? TO WHICH YOU REPLIES: answer is yes. Taxes are still due for the portion of year doing business.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

OK so i can file my business taxes separate from my personal?...should i file my W-2 taxes here and let a CPA do the rest?

If you are a sole proprietor or a Single Member LLC, you should file a personal 1040 to include a Schedule C, business income and expenses.

TurboTax Self Employed will walk you through the process, step by step, and you are free to ask us specific questions anytime.

On the other hand, if you are a corporation, then you will file your business return separately from your personal 1040 return

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you are a sole proprietor or a Single Member LLC, you should file a personal 1040 to include a Schedule C, business income and expenses.

TurboTax Self Employed will walk you through the process, step by step, and you are free to ask us specific questions anytime.

On the other hand, if you are a corporation, then you will file your business return separately from your personal 1040 return

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies