Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SMarieS

Ohio State Manual review

I received a letter to verify income for our OH return. First time ever receiving this in the over 30+ years of filing OH returns. Filed through turbo tax which was verified 3 times before being submitted. It was accepted back on 2/12/2024 and then manual review letter was received a week later in the mail. Electronically sent W-2 income verification info as requested two days ago. System is still showing 150 day message about processing. I see a lot of folks receiving identity verification but really no one besides us about income verification. Both our incomes were fed electronically to IRS by our employers which the info was automatically filled in by turbo tax for both federal and state and we have physical copies which match identically. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ee-ea
Level 15

Ohio State Manual review

This is an Ohio State issue.  It appears to have been implemented by the state due to high volumes of fraud.  

Per the Ohio Department of Taxation:

With income tax fraud and identity theft on the rise, the Ohio Department of Taxation (ODT) is committed to safeguarding taxpayer dollars by increasing security measures. The identity verification letter is just one of the tools ODT is using to prevent fraudsters from receiving a refund as a result of identity theft.
Click here for Ohio State information on "Where Is My Refund? 

Click here for information on the Ohio "Identity Verification Letter".

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies