Not accepting responsibility for bad info!

Cndmcgowan

I have used TurboTax for several years, but that changes this year and every year moving forward! A tax “professional” walked me through filing and told me exactly how to handle a new declaration on my taxes a couple years ago. I now owe over $5,000 in back taxes because the info I was given was completely wrong. I contacted them because of this and because I always pay for the “Tax Defense” which turned out to be useless. They say they have no record of the info I was given and have offered no assistance in taking care of this issue that they caused!!!!
gmike

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting your statement but can you provide more details? I've made it a practice of purchasing the Audit Defense service and just want to know if it's really worth it and will come through for me if I have the misfortune of having to use it. Thanks.