Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Not a question, a complaint about incomplete & misleading installation

Let's start at the beginning. I purchased the DVD. Oh wait - my operating system isn't up to snuff, so I have to spend 6 hours downloading an update. Ok, got an approved Mac OS. Install the DVD. Everything copies ok. Open the application, spend another hour waiting for the required download. Fine, I can go outside and clean up dog poop. At least I can do one useful thing today.

Current system ready to go. Problem #2 - must log into Intuit in order to activate. Ok but which URL? Every URL I try (any on the box) takes me to the online version or the "choose which one to buy" site. Not happy and getting more unhappy.

Finally get to a point where I can enter the license code. Next step the software requires me to LOG IN A SECOND TIME even tho I'm already logged in. Ok, log in again. Now it requires me to enter the license code A SECOND TIME.

Intuit - do you no understand the concept of testing along with the concept of critical UI/UX - User Interface/User Experience? I have wasted 4 hours today, trying to get up and running. This is the 3rd year in a row that I've wasted an unreasonable amount of time getting started. Last year I investigated moving to another service. If this continues, be assured that you will have lost a many decade customer. Let me remind you that I'm a customer. I don't give a flying fig about membership, or badges or anything else. I want a product that easily installs, fairly easy to use, and does what it claims.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Not a question, a complaint about incomplete & misleading installation

Contact Support and relate your issues to them.

How do I contact TurboTax? (intuit.com)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies