nonreisdent of california, business income earned ...

nonreisdent of california, business income earned from a california-based company while conducted work in another state, need to file California tax?

Hi all, I did some remote work for a California-based company last year and got 1099-MISC. I live in CT and the taxable income of this work has already been collected from CT. I used both TurboTax and H&R to check. It showed zero to CA. Do I still need to file 540NR or there is another form that is needed? thanks

Trust what turbo tax is telling you what to do - that is the value of their software

If you did not perform services within the State of California, no California return is required.  Income is sourced to the state where the work was done, not the location of the company who paid you.  

In your situation, the income is taxable to your home state (CT) and the state where you physically performed the work (if the work was done outside of CT).