Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NM New Solar Market Development Tax Credit Form TRD-41406 Error on PIT 1 Line 21

Hi,

On my NM PIT form line 21 an error is showing and I don't know how to fix it.  

"Form PIT-1: Non-refundable Credit now totaling $x.  It should not be greater than $x (the total tax liability on line 18, plus the tax on lump-sum distribution on line 19, less the credit for taxes paid to another state on line 20).  Please return to the Business Credits (Form PIT-CR topic to reduce the nonrefundable business credits applied to tax."

I think it stems from the fact that my NM tax liability PIT1 line 18 is less than the credit that needs to be applied (PIT1 line 21).  

As I understand it NM now applies the full credit available as a credit in the year filed.  There is no carryover as there was in previous years and no form to carry forward the credit.

Can I just override the error or should I do something else?  I don't want to loose the full tax credit.

Thanks,

Edited to add :

Talked to NM Taxation and Rev -  PIT1 Line 21 should be equal to the amount of tax due, the additional credit is applied through PIT1 line 26.  I altered the amounts in the Easy step interview and the error cleared and refund looks correct.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies