Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

christywv
Returning Member

Natural Gas Royalties

I have added all the appropriate information for the natural gas royalties and I keep getting this response and it will not let me go any further.  

It says that the 1099 MISC shows an amount of $431but this is not reported on another form or schedule and then it takes me to a few questions.  The first screen just shows the 1099 MISC information and then it asks about the source of the royalty income and I answer that it is royalty investment income.  It then takes me back to the error that the income is not reported on any form.  I am not sure what to do.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Natural Gas Royalties

Your best option is to delete (trashcan icon) the 1099-MISC that you have entered under the Other Common Income topic. Go instead to Rental Properties and Royalties Income topic. 

Add a Royalty Property with oil and gas income. Continue through the prompts to "Let's enter the income for [name of property]" and check the box for Form 1099-MISC. After you enter your income, be sure to enter any expenses that were reported with the form (usually on the back or a separate sheet).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies