Solved: My wife is founder/director of a non-profit. She received $2,000 pay in 2017. We also contributed $1,740 to the non-profit. Can we net those amounts and show $260 in pay?

ryans

My wife is founder/director of a non-profit. She received $2,000 pay in 2017. We also contributed $1,740 to the non-profit. Can we net those amounts and show $260 in pay?

Rick19744

No.  The IRS does not like netting and rightly so in this case; lack of payroll tax (FICA).

You need to reflect both amounts just as the transactions happened.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.*

Rick19744

ryans

Thank you Rick! Much appreciated!
Rick19744

Welcome