• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryans

My wife is founder/director of a non-profit. She received $2,000 pay in 2017. We also contributed $1,740 to the non-profit. Can we net those amounts and show $260 in pay?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rick19744
Level 11

My wife is founder/director of a non-profit. She received $2,000 pay in 2017. We also contributed $1,740 to the non-profit. Can we net those amounts and show $260 in pay?

No.  The IRS does not like netting and rightly so in this case; lack of payroll tax (FICA).

You need to reflect both amounts just as the transactions happened.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.*

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rick19744
Level 11

No.  The IRS does not like netting and rightly so in this case; lack of payroll tax (FICA).

You need to reflect both amounts just as the transactions happened.

View solution in original post

ryans

Thank you Rick! Much appreciated!
Rick19744
Level 11

Welcome
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v