Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ryno40k

My wife is a bartenbder. It's asking about unreported tips. But in her W-2 box 7 (Social security tips) it shows 3171.87. Does that mean the employer already added tips?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

My wife is a bartenbder. It's asking about unreported tips. But in her W-2 box 7 (Social security tips) it shows 3171.87. Does that mean the employer already added tips?

Yes, that means her employer already added tips. The question on unreported tips is asking if she made more tips than what is reported on the W2. Is the amount on the W2 reflective of all the tips she received?

ryno40k

No it is not.
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

Then, she should report the additional tip income on her tax return.
ryno40k

Thank you.
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

No problem.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies