Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rrwalker1

My wife and I plan to file our 2016 personal taxes, we formed an LLC in Dec of 2016, it has not generated any income only expense, which edition of Turbo Tax can we use?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My wife and I plan to file our 2016 personal taxes, we formed an LLC in Dec of 2016, it has not generated any income only expense, which edition of Turbo Tax can we use?

You need TurboTax Business for a Partnership 1065 return.  Its download/CD only (no online version).  That will prepare the 1065 and state partnership returns and create K-1s for you and your spouse to include on your personal return.
https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

7 Replies

What type of LLC?  Multi Member?  

Some states have annual LLC fees that require a return to be filed, even if Federal doesn't.
rrwalker1

My wife and I are equal partners. We live in Minnesota.

MN isn't a community property state, so I'm guessing you've formed an LLC Partnership.    When you applied for the LLC  federal ID number, did the confirmation page print out telling you that a Form 1065 return would be required to be filed?
rrwalker1

Yes, it needs to be filed by 3/15/17
rrwalker1

Great thanks for your help Lisa

Youre welcome

You need TurboTax Business for a Partnership 1065 return.  Its download/CD only (no online version).  That will prepare the 1065 and state partnership returns and create K-1s for you and your spouse to include on your personal return.
https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies