Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My wife and I filed joint in 2021. The return was received but still backlogged. Will this affect anything when I file for 2022?

This was the first time filing jointly since we married a year ago.  She needed an ITIN.  The preparer did everything at the same time.  ITIN came back, state came back, federal is still "delayed".  Told us it's still backlogged.  I am not sure if this situation is going to complicate my 2022 filing.  Basically filing for the most current year when previous year was received by IRS but still pending.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

My wife and I filed joint in 2021. The return was received but still backlogged. Will this affect anything when I file for 2022?

don't know what's on the '21 return so it's impossible to answer with certainty. one thing that may be affected is e-filing. if the'21 AGI is not in the IRS database and you file using it it may be rejected with a code that indicates incorrect AGI. at that point, all you can do is try 0's and resubmit to see if that works. if not you'll probably have to mail in your return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies