Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My state wages 120,222 and the federal wages 110,759 Somehow the state wages are imported as 230,981 I get the screen starts with "Here is what we know so far ... Help

After I posted the question, I got one answer (below)

On the NJ return, you will see a screen titled About Your W-2 State Wage Information.  Because of state programming requirements, TurboTax includes both income lines as part of the NJ income.  The next screen is titled Let's Confirm Your Taxable State Wages from (Employer).  If you see two boxes there, click on the one that does not say NJ to remove the excess wages.

Thanks for the help; but ...

My New Jersey return starts with "Here is what we know so far and the first entry is Wages and Salary which has the combined amount ... How should I go about getting to the screens to fix the income?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

My state wages 120,222 and the federal wages 110,759 Somehow the state wages are imported as 230,981 I get the screen starts with "Here is what we know so far ... Help

The only idea I have on this, being from WA - the State of, is that you may need to opt for the choice to enter each W-2 format manually to negate the combined entry of the two as one total, assuming that these are employment wages, rather than self-employment or corporate dividend income or what-have-you.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies