myle12

My spouse no longer has a valid itin nor social security number. If I file my taxes through paper, will it still go through?

If her ITIN is expired, you are supposed to apply for a new ITIN first, and wait to file your tax return until the new ITIN arrives.  If that is after April 15, you can request an automatic extension for extra time to file your tax return.

If you don't wait for the new ITIN, you can mail your tax return using the old one, but your refund will be delayed.  Be sure to attach form W-7 application for a new ITIN.