shaykay13

My spouse and I got married in 2019 and the woman at the court house told her she didn't need to change her name on her social. But when we filled taxes it was rejected because her last name and socia

KurtL1

Even though your wife was not required to change her name with the Social Security Department, she must use the name as it is on her Social Security Card when she files her taxes.

The IRS uses the database of names, numbers, and birth dates from the Social Security Department to verify the individuals on the returns.

KurtL1