sogcarter1

My South Carolina tax is incomplete and needs to be corrected. It could possibly affect my federal return as well. Can we hold up filing any return at this time?

Texas Roger

The IRS has extended the filing deadline for federal taxes until July 15, 2020. You should check with the state of South Carolina to confirm that they have also extended the deadline. If both deadlines have been extended, you have until July 15, 2020 to file your tax returns. 

Texas Roger

If you will get a stimulus payment and filed a 2018 tax return and had direct deposit information on it that is still current, that is what the IRS will use to send your stimulus payment.

sogcarter1

Thanks for responding.  I'm in the process of determining where I entered something wrong.  I should not have to pay SC taxes or, if so, maybe a small amount.