turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My South Carolina tax is incomplete and needs to be corrected. It could possibly affect my federal return as well. Can we hold up filing any return at this time?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My South Carolina tax is incomplete and needs to be corrected. It could possibly affect my federal return as well. Can we hold up filing any return at this time?

The IRS has extended the filing deadline for federal taxes until July 15, 2020. You should check with the state of South Carolina to confirm that they have also extended the deadline. If both deadlines have been extended, you have until July 15, 2020 to file your tax returns. 

If you will get a stimulus payment and filed a 2018 tax return and had direct deposit information on it that is still current, that is what the IRS will use to send your stimulus payment.

Thanks for responding.  I'm in the process of determining where I entered something wrong.  I should not have to pay SC taxes or, if so, maybe a small amount.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies