Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening NOW!!!

pepperbiz

My son is 21, he is not a full time student, he lived in my residence until October 15, he has no income, I am his full support. Can I claim him as a dependent?

My son moved in with friends of his in October 2018. he is an artist and does not have any income yet. I pay his rent and all of his expenses. from January to October 15 2019 he lived in my home and I was his only support. Can I claim him as a dependent?

Yes, he would be a "Qualifying Relative" since he has no income and you provided more than half of his support for the year and he lived with you for more than 6 months.