kchriste519

My payment voucher says I must attach form 1098-C since I made a car donation. Was that form sent electronically when I filed or do I have to send it with my payment?

You can't claim a car donation unless the charity gives you a form 1098-C; you get it from them.  You send the original to the IRS and keep a copy for your records.  They don't have to issue it right away, particularly if they hold the car to sell it later.  Without the form, you can claim a maximum value of $500.  Or, remove the donation from your tax return, and then later file an amended return when you get the form from the charity to add the donation and claim an additional refund.