Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ashton L

My partner is a dual citizen between Canada and the US. We both live in Canada on a border town and she works in the US and recieves no t4. How do I file correctly?

My partner and I are common law and we live in a small border town near the USA. We both live in Canada but my wife works in the US and recieves no T4 for the tax year. She files her taxes through the US and we file our taxes separately. However, she does recieve an income in the US, but the questions in the Turbotax form ask for her income as per Candian tax documents. Do I list her income as $0.00 and file my taxes that way, or do I need to do this another way?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

My partner is a dual citizen between Canada and the US. We both live in Canada on a border town and she works in the US and recieves no t4. How do I file correctly?

This is the U.S. TurboTax support community. Please post your question about filing Canadian taxes in the Canada TurboTax support community, at the following link.

TurboTax Support Community for Canada

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

If you and your partner are not US Citizens, and are filing Canadian tax returns, you should be able to report her US income on your return without a T4 document.

Here's more info on Determining Residency Status and Tax Tips for Residents and Non-Residents.

Edited 3/13/2023 | 9:52 am

@Ashton L 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies