Solved: My mother passed Nov. 2017. I'm her executor for all financial and health needs. Anyways, I received her w2 from her job . Do I need to file her taxes in 2018 ?

Shelby-Lynn

My mother passed Nov. 2017. I'm her executor for all financial and health needs. Anyways, I received her w2 from her job . Do I need to file her taxes in 2018 ?

I remember her always filing late because she had to wait for her house taxes and stuff. I'm not sure if I still need to add all of that to her income tax this year if I need to file as well. I'm going to be inheriting her home so I know next year that will be on me.

Vanessa

Yes, you will file her final return including all income she received in 2017. Under the Personal Info Section, after you enter her name and all of that, there is a spot that you will put a check mark in the box to indicate that she passed away and the date she passed.  

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Vanessa

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.