Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My itemized deduction in the state tax was messed up by TurboTax. It put the wrong number there, not sure how it got the number. Not sure how to proceed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

My itemized deduction in the state tax was messed up by TurboTax. It put the wrong number there, not sure how it got the number. Not sure how to proceed?

If you go into forms view you can override most numbers, but some forms have other rules that could cause your override to be viewed as an error. Just know what you're doing. I'm not a tax professional, but I've had to do this several times after going and reading the IRS literature to figure out the nuances of the rules and how the calculations should be figured. I haven't personally found it computing taxes incorrectly except when improperly handling certain worksheets that input into the taxes - in which case the problem is in the worksheet calculation and not the tax calculation.

MayaD
Expert Alumni

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question? Which part of the itemized deductions is messed up and which state return are you filing?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies