Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My info has been sent to the IRS to process my stimulus payment however I did not finish filing my tax on turbotax ?

Hi,

When Trying to register for Stimulus through TurboTax I got this message :

"Hi xxx , we've sent your info to the IRS to process your stimulus payment".

However I did not complete my return application on Turbotax (pending on "Fedral Retrun Ready for Mail"),

The Question is how did TT send my data to IRS " In which it does not contain my full bank information as my account and routing number" although my return is not complete , and I am trying to cancel it as I have already filed my return jointly with my spouse in a different return application.

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

My info has been sent to the IRS to process my stimulus payment however I did not finish filing my tax on turbotax ?

If you and your spouse have already filed a Tax Return, don't register for the Stimulus Payment through TurboTax.

This will be a duplication and may actually delay the Stimulus Payment. 

If you did not complete your tax filing in TurboTax, your file will be automatically deleted at the end of tax filing season.

You can also click on Tax Tools > Clear and Start Over to cancel your return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

If you and your spouse have already filed a Tax Return, don't register for the Stimulus Payment through TurboTax.

This will be a duplication and may actually delay the Stimulus Payment. 

If you did not complete your tax filing in TurboTax, your file will be automatically deleted at the end of tax filing season.

You can also click on Tax Tools > Clear and Start Over to cancel your return. 

Hello , 

Thanks for Your answer.

I did not apply for the stimulus through TT , this is my question , it automatically sent my data to IRS " as it is mentioned " to apply for stimulus , and that is my concern , as I did not complete my tax return filing.

Also the tax filing deadline is extended till July , this means that my application will be kept on system till then?, as far as I know stimulus application will be processed mid April , so I am now in risk ?.

Regarding deleting my application , I was unable to do that on the system as I am now in a step of pending sending my file to the IRS through mail , is there any way to solve that.

Thanks a lot in advance.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

If you didn't apply for a Stimulus Payment or file a Tax Return through TurboTax, I don't understand what your question is. 

TurboTax would not 'automatically send your data to the IRS' if you didn't complete either of these (separate) processes. 

Hi,

My tax return application status is " Fedral Printed .. Ready for Mail" , I did not complete the application and I want to cancel it , and I do not want the turbo tax to send to IRS to process my stimulus , however TT mentioned that it has been sent already to IRS to process my stimulus.

Now I want to cancel this tax return application and I do not want the IRS to process my stimulus since my spouse has already did it on another application through TT.

I am sorry , I am not expert in Taxation and this is my first time to do this , hope my case is clear.

Thanks.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

If you Printed your Tax Return to Mail and did not Efile, your tax info has not been sent to the IRS.

You would be doing that yourself when you mail your return.  If you don't mail your return, then nothing is sent to the IRS.

TurboTax considers you 'done with your return' since you have printed it for mailing. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies