vermonter16

My husband was mistakenly overpaid wages in 2013. We paid those wages back in 2016. Where can I input this on my taxes to try and offset the taxes we paid back then?

This was an overpayment by OPM when he retired which we were not made aware of until later. 

How much?
Carl

Was the amount paid back in tax year 2016 more, or less than $3000? It matters.
vermonter16

Just over 20k.
Carl

Under the Deductions & Credits tab scroll down to the "Other Deductions & Credits" heading and under that elect to start/update Other Deductible Expenses.
Generation Skipping Taxes - click NO
Less Common Expenses - click NO
Any Other Deductions? - click YES.
Enter your amount in "Claim of right repayment (Only if over $3000)" and finish working it through.

vermonter16

Thank you.  This did it.