Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My husband is military. We live in South Carolina, but filed through Florida, our home state. Where do I send my paper Injured Spouse form after E-filing our return?

I've looked through numerous IRS websites, and all answers I've found say to send it to the nearest Internal Revenue Service Ceneter where I live.
1) Does that still apply even though we filed through a state other than the one we live in?
2) Is there a difference between a Local IRS Office and an Internal Revenue Service Center?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

My husband is military. We live in South Carolina, but filed through Florida, our home state. Where do I send my paper Injured Spouse form after E-filing our return?

Just send it to the IRS Center for the region where your state of residence is located (FL) since your husband is in the military and this would be the state that you claimed as your state of residence on your efiled federal income tax return (and yes local IRS offices are different than IRS Centers).

For the Florida IRS Center, the address is :

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Austin, TX 73301-0002

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DS30

Just send it to the IRS Center for the region where your state of residence is located (FL) since your husband is in the military and this would be the state that you claimed as your state of residence on your efiled federal income tax return (and yes local IRS offices are different than IRS Centers).

For the Florida IRS Center, the address is :

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service
Austin, TX 73301-0002

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies