Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal tax return keeps getting rejected even though all the information is correct.

My spouse and I recently filed our tax returned as married filing jointly but we keep getting rejected do to her date of birth not matching with the IRS. We followed the steps that were suggested from the Turbotax CPA to make sure that Social Security Administration had the correct date of birth and sure enough Social Security verified that all the information was in fact correct. I also had a live agent help go over our tax return paperwork to make sure that everything was entered correctly but when submitting the tax return for the third time, they were rejected once more with the following error code 
"F1040-526-03 - If 'PINTypeCd' in the Return Header has the value "Self-Select On-Line" and the filing status of the return is married filing jointly and Form 1040, [ 'SpecialProcessingLiteralCd' and 'CombatZoneCd' and 'SpecialProcessingCodeTxt' and 'SpouseDeathDt' ] do not have values, then 'SpouseBirthDt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database."
What is the solution if I am not able to submit the files with correct information?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

My federal tax return keeps getting rejected even though all the information is correct.

If you are using TurboTax Online, can you try to clear your cache and cookies? Maybe try a different browser. It sounds like you have exhausted all other efforts to correct the date, so if my suggestion doesn't work, you may have to print, sign, and mail your return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies