Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hayleyh2

My ex owes more than $100K in maintenance / alimony - not child support. Is it possible for me to get in line for his tax refunds? If so, how do I proceed?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My ex owes more than $100K in maintenance / alimony - not child support. Is it possible for me to get in line for his tax refunds? If so, how do I proceed?

This is not an enforceable debt by the IRS.

You can call the numbers listed below and get more details if you wish.

Sorry.

f you have questions regarding the offset of your federal tax refund or offset of another U.S. government-issued payment, you may phone the Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107.   

For additional information regarding the FMS Debt Management Services, you may visit the official FMS website at:  www.fms.treas.gov/debt or by phoning their office at 1-888-826-3127.   For questions or concerns you may have regarding the details of the debt itself, you may wish to directly contact the department or agency from which your debt originated. 

source:  https://www.treasury.gov/services/report-fwa/Pages/treasury_offset_program.aspx

View solution in original post

1 Reply

This is not an enforceable debt by the IRS.

You can call the numbers listed below and get more details if you wish.

Sorry.

f you have questions regarding the offset of your federal tax refund or offset of another U.S. government-issued payment, you may phone the Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107.   

For additional information regarding the FMS Debt Management Services, you may visit the official FMS website at:  www.fms.treas.gov/debt or by phoning their office at 1-888-826-3127.   For questions or concerns you may have regarding the details of the debt itself, you may wish to directly contact the department or agency from which your debt originated. 

source:  https://www.treasury.gov/services/report-fwa/Pages/treasury_offset_program.aspx

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies