hayleyh2

My ex owes more than $100K in maintenance / alimony - not child support. Is it possible for me to get in line for his tax refunds? If so, how do I proceed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This is not an enforceable debt by the IRS.

You can call the numbers listed below and get more details if you wish.

Sorry.

f you have questions regarding the offset of your federal tax refund or offset of another U.S. government-issued payment, you may phone the Treasury Offset Program Call Center at 1-800-304-3107.   

For additional information regarding the FMS Debt Management Services, you may visit the official FMS website at:  www.fms.treas.gov/debt or by phoning their office at 1-888-826-3127.   For questions or concerns you may have regarding the details of the debt itself, you may wish to directly contact the department or agency from which your debt originated. 

source:  https://www.treasury.gov/services/report-fwa/Pages/treasury_offset_program.aspx

Sorry.