Solved: My employer reimbursed my meals by 1,648 but there is nothing in box 12 for it how/where do i report it?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mo_mp1

My employer reimbursed my meals by 1,648 but there is nothing in box 12 for it how/where do i report it?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 9

My employer reimbursed my meals by 1,648 but there is nothing in box 12 for it how/where do i report it?

Probably nowhere.

In most cases, the employer does a tax-free reimbursement under an "Accountable Plan".  That is not taxable, and there is nothing to enter on your tax return.

In the event the employer did add it to your taxable income (reimbursed under a non-accountable plan), the deduction for such things are no longer deductible on the Federal tax return (but some States may allow it).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TaxGuyBill
Level 9

Probably nowhere.

In most cases, the employer does a tax-free reimbursement under an "Accountable Plan".  That is not taxable, and there is nothing to enter on your tax return.

In the event the employer did add it to your taxable income (reimbursed under a non-accountable plan), the deduction for such things are no longer deductible on the Federal tax return (but some States may allow it).

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings