Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mgoslak
Returning Member

My EFILE was rejected. Code: F8960-019-04 TurboTAX states this will be fixed by Feb. 19 and then to try and refile. It sounds like this is a software bug? What do I do?

F8960-019-04 - If Form 8960, 'NetRentalIncomeOrLossAmt' has a non-zero value, then it must be equal to Schedule 1 (Form 1040), 'RentalRealEstateIncomeLossAmt' unless all of the following conditions are true: 1) Filing status of the return is Married filing jointly or Qualifying widow(er) and 2) Form 8960, checkboxes 'Section6013gInd' and 'Section6013hInd' are not checked and 3) Form 8960, 'FilingThresholdAmt' equals 125000.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My EFILE was rejected. Code: F8960-019-04 TurboTAX states this will be fixed by Feb. 19 and then to try and refile. It sounds like this is a software bug? What do I do?

TT is aware of the Federal return rejection Reject Code F8960-019-04 Processing error Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax. The Business rules need to be modified to reflect the updates to the instructions for form 8960. The IRS will update the Business rules by mid-March 2023. Please see IRS Known Issues and Solutions for updates.

mgoslak
Returning Member

I resubmitted today and it went thru!  TurboTax stated it could be refiled starting Feb. 19.  Well that ACTUALLY was correct.  

Hollywood4
Returning Member

Mine was successfully resubmitted today as well. It appears the issue has been resolved.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies