clintondswearing

My daughter recently got married 12/05/16 and changed her name on her social security card 1/9/17. I am getting an rejection code F8863-512-02 ?

All this years documents show her maiden name, it seems the error is coming from the name change which didn't take place till 2017.  Which should I use on my return?

ChristinaS

Use her married name. The name and SSN on the tax return needs to match whatever is current with the Social Security Administration. It doesn't matter that her name was different for most of last year, or that her documents show a different name. Her SSN hasn't changed, but her return will reject if her name is not current.

ChristinaS