turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My daughter recently got married 12/05/16 and changed her name on her social security card 1/9/17. I am getting an rejection code F8863-512-02 ?

All this years documents show her maiden name, it seems the error is coming from the name change which didn't take place till 2017.  Which should I use on my return?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

My daughter recently got married 12/05/16 and changed her name on her social security card 1/9/17. I am getting an rejection code F8863-512-02 ?

Use her married name. The name and SSN on the tax return needs to match whatever is current with the Social Security Administration. It doesn't matter that her name was different for most of last year, or that her documents show a different name. Her SSN hasn't changed, but her return will reject if her name is not current.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

Use her married name. The name and SSN on the tax return needs to match whatever is current with the Social Security Administration. It doesn't matter that her name was different for most of last year, or that her documents show a different name. Her SSN hasn't changed, but her return will reject if her name is not current.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies